Welcome! Visitor No:
Comfort Zone Council Rules
The following house guidelines have been determined by previous Comfort Zone Council members and are in effect for the safety and protection of the Comfort Zone and the council members and can only be changed by a 3/4ths majority vote of the council. Common areas are defined as the living room, kitchen, bathroom, dining room, and gym.
- All council members are required to attend and participate in council meetings held every Sunday at 8:00am. This is a mandatory meeting. Exceptions will be made for work or emergency situation only.
- Borrowing or lending of money or personal property is discouraged. The Comfort Zone is not responsible for any loss you may incur if you fail to follow this advice.
- All council members must be fully clothed including shoes or slippers while in the common areas.
- Racist and sexist jokes are prohibited.
- Visitors should be kept to a minimum and be asked to leave the premises by 10:00pm. Visitors are to be in common areas only. No visitors are allowed in the bedrooms for any reason.
- It is the decision of the council that the following are grounds for immediate termination:
- A determination by the resident council that you are no longer suitable to the Comfort Zone.
- Intoxication: Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Fighting: Both parties.
- Possession: Drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol, alcohol containers, or weapons.
- Theft: Any theft
- Violence: Threatening behavior (verbal or physical)
- Relationships: Sexual or romantic involvement with another council member.
- Repeated unexcused failure to attend mandatory groups.
- Cleanliness and chores:
- Beds are to be made neatly every morning by 9:00 am.
- Personal belongings must be put away.
- Personal area must be clean and neat.
- There is no food allowed in the bedrooms.
- After eating or drinking, rinse the dishes and put them in the dish drainer. Do not put them in the dishwasher unless that is your chore.
- If you make a mess, clean up the area, then yourself.
- Chores will be assigned at the weekly morning meeting. You are responsible to see that your chore is done well and on time.
- Due to limited space, please bring personal belongings at a minimum.
- Radios and Televisions are allowed in the bedrooms, as long as the noise levels do not disturb the other clients. If someone is sleeping or objects to the noise in your room, you may not turn on the radio or TV.
- Televisions will be turned off in the bedrooms promptly at 11pm every night of the week; no exceptions. The television in the theater room will be allowed to stay on until 11.30pm on weekdays and until 1:30am on weekends.
- Curfew will be at 11:00pm on weekdays and 1:00am on weekends for the first 30 days. Exceptions will be made for work and program related events. After 30 days, late night and over night passes may be granted with permission from a Senior Council Member. Should you fall behind on your financial obligations, all overnights and late nights are suspended until you catch up. Remember this is an earned privilege not a right.